Easy Karai Chicken Lahori Curry26 April 2020
Who doesn't love a good curry?! Willerby employee Andy Mears shares his super tasty Chicken Karai which will rival any local curry house without a doubt.
This dish is so versatile and can be enjoyed with a whole host of side dishes, or even on its own.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp garlic-ginger paste
- Generous pinch salt
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, sliced
- 2cm ginger, sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp each of:
- 5 green finger chillies, sliced lengthways
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Chop the chicken breasts into equal chunks and add to a bowl with the garlic-ginger paste and salt, cover and leave for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion, garlic and ginger.
- Fry until the onions soften.
- Add all the spices and cook out for 1-2 minutes.
- Add a little water and stir.
- Add the tomatoes and fry till soft, adding a little water at a time to stop it drying out.
- Add the chicken, stir well and cook until the chicken is tender and cooked through (15-20mins).
- Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and add the finger chillies, fry for a minute then pour over the cooked curry.
- Serve on its own or with some tasty side dishes. Enjoy!