Cheese and Spring Onion Swirl Buns25 May 2020
Cheese and Spring Onion Swirl Buns
275ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
50g Unsalted Butter (melted)
700g Strong White Bread Flour
14g Dried Active Yeast
1 tsp Salt
50g Caster Sugar
2 Large Free Range Eggs
150g Spreadable Goats’ Cheese
225g Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese
6 Spring Onions, chopped
Sprinkle of Smoked Paprika
- Warm the milk and butter in a small pan until the butter is melted and warm to touch. In a stand mixer bowl, add the bread flour, salt, sugar and yeast. Then add to the dry ingredients the eggs and warm milk mixture.
- Mix the dough on low in the mixer with a dough hook attachment, until all the ingredient come together. Then increase the speed and knead the dough for 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Cover the bowl and leave until doubled in size, I like to use a clean shower cap.
- On a flour-dusted surface, roll the dough into a 30x 15cm rectangle, trying to keep it even as possible. Spread the goats’ cheese all over and up the edges.
- Sprinkle the Cheddar all over the goats’ cheese, followed by the spring onion and a light dusting of the paprika.
- Along the long edge, slowly roll up the dough trying to keep it a tight roll. Pinch the seal close. Cut into 8 even pieces.
- Place the pieces cut side up into a large roasting dish spread apart. Lightly cover with clingfilm and leave for an hour. Oven to 180C.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and oozy.